Sunday, December 7, 2014

Open letter to: Public Safety

December 3, 2014

Dear Public Safety:
        This is ridiculous! Every Tuesday and Thursday after classes, I always move and park my car in the faculty parking lot to be close to the P building where I have cheerleading practice. One day, public safety decided to give half of the girls on my team tickets for parking there. I swear public safety cops aren’t even real cops.
         Of course, I get a ticket. The girls on my team and I have been parking there all season. I was so furious to see the ticket on my windshield coming out of practice.
                                                           
          I don’t even know how I am going to pay off the ticket. It is a total of $120. Eighty dollars for restricted parking, thirty dollars administrative fee, and additional ten dollars surcharge for each violation. That is too expensive for a parking ticket.
          If my parents find out I’m in a lot of trouble. My dad has my sister’s cars and mine under his insurance. I’ve gotten a ticket before, and my parents grounded me for two weeks.
          Now I have to go to court. The ticket clearly states I have to attend court on a specific date and time. The day I have to attend court is when I work and no one is able to cover my shift.
          I learned my lesson where to park. I have no choice but to leave my car parked in the student parking lot and just walk to practice. I refuse to get another parking ticket again. I cannot afford to get a ticket and get in trouble.

 Sincerely,



your number one fan

No comments:

Post a Comment